With the Regional Command Center, count details are set up in advance and survey data is gathered in real-time throughout the point in time count. It is displayed in intuitive dashboards and maps and can be exported in csv format, or viewed in a report, at any time. Count administrators can review the incoming data and work with count volunteers to address any potential data issues prior to producing the HUD Point in Time Report.
The Command Center contains the following tools for count administers to prepare for the regional homeless count.
- Custom "shape files" define the boundaries of the region on the interactive map, and the ability to layer geographic regions within an area
- Count teams can be established and volunteers can be associated to these teams;
- Organizations and projects that do not participate in the region's Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) can be added to the command center so that surveys can be conducted for them using the Counting Us app;
- The unique "set up key" can be defined. This is the key that count volunteers enter into the Counting Us app to associate surveys collected from their account with the region.
- Advanced features including sampling and team management can be included in any package
The Command Center contains the following tools for count administers to manage for the regional homeless census
- A real-time display of all incoming surveys and tallies in both list and map view. Regional count administrators can use these tools to validate the incoming submissions, guide count volunteers, and edit the data as needed;
- The option to modify the map view to show or hide various attributes;
- Map views can be layered by county, city/town, or zip code;
- A dashboard which summarizes key information such as the total number counted as well as demographics including age, gender, and veteran status;
- Drilldown features from the dashboard, allowing data cleanup in real time;
- GPS locations collected from the various mobile devices to be associated with the HUD Continuum of Care, and other region types such as counties and cities, allowing multiple regions to host a single count effort, yet have the data assigned to the correct region;
- Tools to update and archive survey records as need be to ensure the data is ready for reporting;
- The ability to filter the list view, and export data, based on a range of filters.
The Command Center contains the following tools for count administers to finalize the count process...
- Ability to generate Point in Time Summary Reports for both the unsheltered and sheltered homeless populations. Both reports meet HUD requirements and can be generated with just a couple of clicks;
- The sheltered report can be filtered by project to report on the Housing Inventory Chart;
- Data can be exported so that it can be further analyzed using tools such as Tableau and Excel;
- Exports can be customized to only include the selected fields or to generate just the filtered records.
Count administrators from CT, VA, and TX shared how they use the tools within the Command Center to support the planning, management, and finalization of their PIT counts during a virtual "Learning Lab". The recording for this webinar is linked to here.